Professional AC Repair Services in Hillsborough, NC – Serving Durham and Orange Counties
Durham residents have a lot of fun in the summer, but the last thing you need on a hot and humid day is for your air conditioner to break down. If your AC system isn’t keeping your house cool and comfortable, call the pros at A&E Heating and Air Conditioning. Our service areas include Durham, Efland, Mebane, Pittsboro, Chapel Hill, NC and the surrounding area.
The Best Durham AC Repair Service
We’re always on call 24/7 to provide emergency air conditioning services, so you won’t have to wait until regular business hours to get your unit repaired. We’ll never do any work without presenting all your options, and every estimate is in writing.
You can rest easy knowing our service technicians fix air conditioning problems like yours every single day. We repair all brands and models of air conditioners, and your equipment will be back up and operating without costly delays.
Typical Air Conditioning Problems
Most common parts are stocked on our service vehicles, so our technicians can usually repair your AC equipment in just a single visit. Here are some of the air conditioning problems we see most often:
- Only warm air blows out of the supply registers
- The unit emits strange noises or excessive vibrations during startup
- Only humming sounds are coming from the equipment
- The air conditioner doesn’t turn on at all
- The fan is running, but the compressor never turns on
Understanding Air Conditioner Breakdowns
It’s relatively easy to recognize when an air conditioner isn’t working right, but it’s a lot harder to figure out the cause. Our service techs use advanced diagnostic tools to figure out why your AC unit has malfunctioned and how they can repair it quickly and inexpensively.
- Power Issues: A lack of power to the unit is usually caused by faulty wiring, overheating or tripped breakers. Our technicians will never restore electricity to the unit until it’s safe to operate.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Refrigerant leaks can damage your equipment and can be hard to locate. Low refrigerant destroys efficiency and makes your unit work harder to produce the same level of comfort. Our service technicians always check for leaks before replacing refrigerant.
- Failed Compressor: It rarely makes sense to change out a compressor that isn’t under warranty. One of our estimators can explain all your compressor repair and replacement options.
- Frozen Evaporator Coil: The evaporator coil can freeze up if the heat transfer process is disrupted. Frozen coils are usually caused by ductwork restrictions, low refrigerant or a faulty blower motor.
Air Conditioning Repair in Durham
If your air conditioner is broken, call one of our courteous representatives today. They’ll answer your questions and set up a service appointment if necessary.