Air conditioning maintenance increases cooling efficiency and can save you up to 40 percent on utility bills. It maximizes indoor comfort, reduces breakdowns by up to 95 percent and extends the lifespan of your equipment. Here’s what to expect from an HVAC maintenance visit to your Hillsborough, NC home during the spring:
Air Conditioning Maintenance Inspection
Your service technician will thoroughly assess the system for any irregularities or emerging issues. A good service technician will alert you to these hazards so you can address them now and thereby prevent breakdowns later.
Cooling System Cleanup
HVAC maintenance includes removing grunge that’s accumulated on your air conditioner since the last tune-up. If that layer of goo isn’t cleaned off, it can damage your system, shorten equipment lifespan, impede efficiency and overwork your HVAC. A knowledgeable technician will also perform the following tasks to leave your AC spotless:
- Clean the condensate drain line and drain pan to prevent frozen coils, water damage, indoor air pollution and humidity problems
- Clean the blower and fan assembly and clear away debris and obstructions from the outdoor unit to maximize airflow for optimal cooling
- Clean AC coils to remove grit that hampers cooling efficiency
Actions to Optimize AC Performance
Your technician will also perform a series of tasks and tests designed to optimize system performance and to restore your equipment as much as possible to a like-new condition:
- Measure refrigerant charge, adjust refrigerant level and rule out leaks
- Lubricate moving parts to eliminate friction that causes wear and tear and impedes efficient performance
- Calibrate thermostat settings, tighten electrical connections, measure voltage and check controls for safe operation
To learn about air conditioning maintenance plans in Hillsborough, North Carolina, visit A&E Heating and Air Conditioning or call (919) 823-5992 to schedule an AC tune-up.